From TDMSKP Australian Outdoor Sports Guide
Shane Greenup, creator of TDMSKP. Always plugging away adding stuff to this guide and trying to improve the site overall.
I am going to use this page as a Log/Tally/Record of all of my outdoor adventures, and I hope to see other members doing the same over time. Could be fun.
37 different canyons so far... (17 Feb 10)
2 new canyons done
- Starlight Canyon - First time (1st January - Jo, Hamish, Oliver)
- Wolgan View Canyon - First time (2nd January - Joahanne, Waz, Jake, Margaret, Laurie)
- Empress Canyon - Third time (6th February - Kim, Michelle)
- Bamford Edge - First time (11 June - Chelmsford Mountaineering Club)
- Ammo, S 4a 8m - Second
- Moeglichkeit, HS 4b 8m - Second
- Reach, VS 4c 14m - Second
- Busy Day at Bamford, VS 5a 12m - Top Rope
- Hypotenuse, Mod 8m - solo
- Bosun's Slab, Mod 8m- Solo
- Loader's Bay, Diff 8m - Solo
- Burbage Crag - First time (12 June - Chelmsford Mountaineering Club)
- 20 Foot Crack, S 4b - Top Rope
- Route 1, S 4b - Top Rope
- Cranberry Crack, VD - Top Rope
- Erawan National Park Waterfall Walk - First time, up to fourth waterfall. (17th February - Jonathan)
- Wansfell Pike Walk - First time (25 May - Colin)
- Ambleside to Grasmere Walk - First time (25 May - Colin)
Points of Interest
- Blue Lagoon, Ko Phi Phi - First time (22nd February - Jonathan)
- Emerald Cave - First time (26th February - Jonathan)
4 new canyons done
- Bell Creek Lower Section - First time (13th February - Trevor, Jon, Deborah)
- Joe's Canyon - First time, reversed (13th January - Trevor, Jon, Deborah)
- Whungee Wheengee Canyon - Third time (10th March - Trevor, Jon)
- Yileen Canyon - Second time (13th November - Trevor, Jon, Colin)
- Gallah Canyon - First time (11th December - Trevor, Jon)
- Bells Grotto Canyon - First time (30th December - Joahanne, Waz, Georgie, Jo, Jeff, Margaret, Jake, Laurie)
- Twister Canyon - Sixth time (30th December - Jo, Georgie, Jeff)
- Arapiles - First time (November)
- Blackfellows Hand Road - First time (30th December)
- Alladins Cave - Jenolan Caves permit access only cave with SUSS group (13th February)
- Mammoth Cave - Jenolan Caves permit access only cave with SUSS group (13th February)
- Hoch Ybrig - One day snowboarding (14th January - Adrian, Catherine)
- Davos-Klosters - Six Days snowboarding (16th to 22nd January - Adrian, Sally, Catherine and 7 British Doctors!)
3 new canyons done
- Empress Canyon - Second time (9th January - Tia, Carmen, Teddy, Pablo)
- Hole In The Wall Canyon - First time (16th January - Rob, Alan, Pablo)
- Twister Canyon - Fifth time, and Rocky Creek Canyon - Third time (31st January - Glen, David, Craig, Teddy and Tina)
- Tuross Canyon - First time (22nd February - Dev, Su Li, Marcel, Steve, Gloria and Chiranth (UNSWOC Trip))
- Whungee-Wheengee Canyon - Second time (1st March - Craig, Stewart, Nick, Teddy)
- Grand Canyon - Second Time, night canyon (14th March - Nick, Pablo, Catherine)
- Dargans Creek Canyon - First time (15th March - Nicole, Sam, Hubert, Ben, Nick, Catherine, Pablo)
- Butterbox Canyon - Second time (5th October - Trevor, Will, Anthony)
- Figtree Cave - Wombeyan Caves Tourist cave, Second time (30th December - Family
- Junction Cave - Wombeyan Caves Tourist cave (30th December - Family)
- Wollondilly Cave - Wombeyan Caves Tourist cave (30th December - Family)
- Figtree Cave - Wombeyan Caves Tourist cave (28th December - Family)
- Ettrema Creek Gorge - Second time, overnight from Myall Creek to Transportation Spur (22nd December - Jonathan)
- Jervis Bay - Kayaked from Huskisson to Bowens Island, then Murray Beach, across to HMAS Creswell, then back up along the beaches to Huskisson. Approx 30km in total? Over 2 days. (7th-8th March - Jasmine, Alan, Laurie)
- Port Hacking River - Participated in weekly yacht races around Port Hacking River. (11th December 2009)
- Penrith Whitewater Stadium - Fourth time (31st October - Ian)
- Penrith Whitewater Stadium - Fifth time, intermediate lesson and whole day of paddling (20th November - Emily)
- The Coast Walk (Royal National Park) Otford to Bundeena - second time (3-4th January with Benny, Carmen, Mark and myself)
16 new canyons done
- Whungee-Wheengee Canyon - First time (6th January - Stewart, Su Li)
- Geronimo Canyon - First time (10th January - Rob, Jake)
- Water Dragon Canyon - First time (16th January - Rob, Jake, Rowan)
- Firefly Canyon - First time (25th January - Jake, Josh, Jamie)
- Twister Canyon - Fourth time (26th January - Carmen, Nic, Mark)
- River Caves Canyon - First time (27th January - Penny, Ben, Carmen)
- Yileen Canyon - First time (2nd February - Cate, Levi, Chris, Nick)
- Upper Bowens Creek South Branch - First time (3rd February - Cate, Levi, Nick, Chris, Steven)
- Ranon Canyon - First time (19th February - Julie Burton, John, and Trevor)
- Butterbox Canyon - First time (23rd February - Joe Bugden, Tony, Nick, and Chucky)
- Gobsmacker Canyon - First time (11th March - John, Trevor, and Rob)
- Wollangambe 2 - First time (15th March - John, Elliot, Jamie, Sarah, Ya, and Julie (UNSWOC Trip, Boree Log))
- Better Offer Canyon - First time (26th September - Alan, Trev, Jon)
- Pipeline Canyon - First time (8th October - Jake, Warren, Jane, Josh, Nick and Jeff)
- Gaping Gill - First time (6th November - Dev, Reme, Holger, Steven and Su Li (UNSWOC Trip))
- Waterfall of Moss - First time (5th December - Trev and Jon)
- Koombanda Canyon - First time (6th December - Trev and Jon)
6 new canyons done November + December
- Grand Canyon - First time (rob and me)
- Serendipity Canyon - First time (Rob, Me, Sarah, Laura and Saskia)
- Empress Canyon - First time (Alan, Rob, Sarah, Me)
- Juggler Canyon - First time (Jake, Robi, Rob, Me)
- Fortress Canyon - Second time (Jake, Josh, Rob, Me + found Trev and Jon)
- Birrabang Canyon - First time (Steven, Luc and me - short day)
- Claustral Canyon fifth time. (Rob, Steven, Martin, Mahmood, Jake)
- Arethusa Canyon - First time (Alan, Trev, Jon, Rob and me) 13 hour trip, back to cars at 11:15pm.
- Barrington River - First time - Two days paddling with David, Andrew and Ian of the UNSWOC.
- B44 Grill Cave Third time with Cat and Stewart.
6 new canyons done
- Claustral Canyon 4 times (Me+George+2 - first canyon ever, Me+Adrian+some rovers, Me+Adrian+Shaun, can't think of the 4th time but I always remember it as being 4 times. Maybe it was only 3.)
- Jerrara Creek Canyon Once with UNSW BMC (pre change to Outdoors Club)
- Wollangambe One Twice (Adrian, Sally, JV, Sarah first. Mim and Chris, jake, ryan and cat second time)
- Twister Canyon 3 times (Adrian Sally me first, then Adrian Mim Dad Jake(?) second, then Alan, Claire, Carmen, Ryan, Jake, Josh, Extra, Col, Sharon - Alan slipped and fell down the last fall in)
- Rocky Creek Canyon 1.5 times (Adrian Sally Me first (after sheepdip), then Adrian, Mim Dad Jake(?) down to slippery slide, then back up to sheepdip exit.)
- Fortress Canyon Once with Adrian and Rob. Flooded conditions, floated down the creek for basically the whole canyon - thought Adrian died after abseiling down the 2m jump in didn't resurface the third time. (he didn't.)
- Coast Walk (Royal National Park) Once with Adrian JV Pidge.
- Scotts Main Range 1.5 times (one 6 day hike Adrian, JV, KT me. One attempt at a 3 day hike with Adrian Pidge and me resulting in a car ride out from Yerranderi)
- Overland Trail once with Emma, Roo and Bas. Took a short side walk into Walls of Jerusalem - took 6 days total time, Lake St Clair to Cradle Mountain.
- Random Bush Bashing from Bell train station, Adrian, Emma, JV, Me (KT injured ankle on first night and went home). Water purifier broke first night after bashing out, and forced an early return.
- Spit Bridge to Manly Twice - Does this count?
- Engadine to Audley to Wattamolla, to Forest Island to Waterfall in 24 hours solo hiking.
- Six Foot Track Once overnight Adrian and me.
- Ruined Castle Walk twice. Second time was with Adrian, Sally, Ryan, Katie, Nava and me. Can't remember first time really.
- The Castle Walk Morton National Park, Once. - Emma and me, overnight camping in a cave. Windy beyond belief outside, the cave was awesome.
- Charles Darwin Walk at Wentworth falls, once - continued down the falls and walked quite a way... can't remember how far though. ACtually, walked down wentworth falls several times now.
- Whats the walking track between the 3 sisters and the Scenic Railway? Did that one, + a bit. Federal Pass Walking Track
- Penrith Whitewater Stadium 3 times. 1 Roll course, 1 basic whitewater training course leading up to 3 days of paddling over an extended period of time.
- Bangor Crag 3 times - Once with George and Emma, then Adrian, Ryan and trent, then Adrian Catherine and Ryan.
- Nowra Crag once - UNSWOC trip (Ali, Anthony, Yael + some)
- The Rocknasium indoor rock climbing gym at Caringbah numerous times during high school.
- The Ledge at Sydney Uni numerous times during uni
- Climb Fit at St Leonards a few times during uni
- Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym at St Peters numerous times since leaving uni, once at Summer Hill prior to move to St Peters.
- B13 Drum - Mendip System twice (adrian me and Ryan/Sally(?), then Adrian, Peggy, Cat and me)
- B44 Grill Cave Twice with a range of people.
- B4-5 +extension twice
24 hour NSW rogaine 24 hour Arrow adventure race - kayak leg only
- Kangaroo to Tallowa Dam
- Woronora to Oyster Bay
- Recreational paddling on Port Hacking